5.07.2008

ina bauer

The great thing about California- when the right fruit is in season... ohhhhhhh. I've been buying strawberries in increments of 4 pounds. You can always expect more than 3/4 of them to taste sweet, not that bland, sour, bright red mess.

During orientation for volunteering this afternoon, I started getting emotional from hearing the lady talk about how I'm going to make a difference in people's lives. It was odd. No tears, though. Don't worry.

The application form also had me write down two contacts in case of emergency. Lately, I've always written down my brother's information when it was just one blank. Now that there's two, I find myself writing down Drab's name, only because he's the closest person in town. Although I don't know why- I tested him out as an emergency contact when I got hit by the car. FOUR hours to return a call. You know how much blood you could lose in 4 hours??

So I started to write Drab's name and number down, and I guess my mind was elsewhere because when I looked down at the paper, my pen was scribbling "Bradford Assay" in the blank. I stopped at the o. How embarrassing.

Didn't feel so bad about the test today. What does it take to not get acne before/during/after test time? Study all night long, sleeping only 1 or 2 hours by accident. And eat a lot while drinking plenty of water.

No comments: