8.10.2007

City of Angels

The Devil hath arrived in Los Angeles.

There is no change shortage if you go to the BART station early and overpay your ticket in dollar bills.

I woke up late, missed my breakfast, and walked around downtown/Civic Center before taking the BART train to Colosseum. I got off and the AirBart was conveniently there waiting for me.

I embraced the shame at the airport bathroom. Nants would be proud.

Note: never wear Converse high-tops to the airport since you're going to have to take them off for transportation security inspection.

I was sitting in a seat putting my shoes back on, and this figure sits down next to me. She was also wearing a studded belt, but spray-painted pink, as well as converse high-tops. Her hair was naturally brown but streaked with red highlights while her face was set with geek-chic glasses. We bonded over the difficulty of those shoes- this being her 3rd time but still not having learned her lesson. She was going to Missouri, away from California. I asked her why. Family/home is there. I told her to enjoy her flight.

I ate a sandwich at the deli because I skipped lunch since I didn't know how many hours beforehand I have to be at the departure gate.

During the flight, I read more Murakami. What a dirty man. No wonder clare likes his books- so many dirty details. This guy has an erection after thinking about doing his woman and licking her taut nipples. Egh.

Also during the flight, this guy was creeping me out since he was constantly looking in my direction and writing notes in his journal. Neat handwriting, adidas sneakers, premature beard. He was a nut fiend, too. He had two bags of free peanuts and asked the flight attendant for more- turns out he ate 5 bags total. During one occasion, he dropped a nut on the plastic part of the seat under the armrest next to the cushion, and thinking nobody saw him, put the peanut in his mouth! EW! Who knows how many people/foreign objects touched that part of the seat.

He was also clumsy- he spilled his ginger ale on the floor between him and some other guy. He was in the aisle seat. I had to hold my book to my face because I started chuckling out loud again. Need to learn how to restrain myself.

My cousin and his girlfriend picked me up.

Dinner was MMMMMM SO SO GOOD! except my gram-mama's losing hair. one tiny mishap. otherwise, it was superb.

Another phone interview with a cancer researcher, applying to another position dealing with prions. Those things are dangerous- more dangerous than wearing Ugg boots on a sunny days.

Ugh, I can't go anywhere. All of you have taken over the west, east, and south. I have nowhere else to go but Canada, the land of Michael Moore!

3 comments:

Practical Female Scientist said...

i've seen/met so many people who fit the description of converse-girl. you know... people try to be different and stick out, but it turns out that they're just a part of another large monochromatic group of people anyway. are any of us really that unique? or are we all just socially constructed clones of fashion and music?

Roopy said...

funnily enough I was just walking home the other day and thinking of Kant's Categorical "something".

Anyways, Kant's got some good points. I just bought a book that reviews the history of the philosophy of morality. It's nice and concise, I'll let you know how to lead the good life after I read it.

Bryce said...

dude you are obviously obsessed with nuts guy. he was probably looking at you because you were staring at him.