8.21.2007

clam chowda

birthday. Jalto.

The more I think about it, the more I realize California isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Every day, I lean more and more towards the side where I really don't like anybody in California except for my family. Don't like a lot of people from the Bay Area. Don't like a lot of people from SoCal. Most of my fond memories from childhood stemmed mainly from the times that I spent with my relatives. So far, everybody else has been pissing me off lately, so I'd rather not deal with people for the time being.

Either I'm not ready, or I don't want science to define my entire life. I want to do everything. I want to travel the world. Helping people, and broadening my knowledge is fine and all, but I don't feel obligated to do such a thing. I'd rather not be defined by such limited terms.

Sure my life may be in disarray, but I don't have a problem with that. It's only when people expect things from you during this phase that annoys the hell out of me. I don't have time to deal with you when I haven't resolved my issues yet. What made you think that I was selfless or nice in the first place? What, so it's fine for me to schedule my life around yours because you're productive/busy, but it's not ok for me due to my own circumstances? Fuck off.

Some kid was blocking the exit at the Japanese restaurant tonight, not allowing Clare and his mother to pass. So I snatched the piece of paper, with his ballpoint pen drawings, out of his hands on top of his head.

3 comments:

X X said...

Excellent...my birthday finds Siusie Q unraveling at the seams. Couldn't have been better if I had planned it.

Disclaimer: haven't been reading your blog lately and if you actually are having a hard time, disregard the above and I'm sorry. Get online sometime.

Roopy said...

Perhaps you've not been in CA long enough or aren't CA-ing properly. I think one thing that frustrates you is that you're mainly in contact with those people at the state school.

I think you just miss your more intellectual Rice (and perhaps also the bisexual Jones) environment.

Now for me, CA rocks, I just wish I had more time to pursue other interests as you do, but I'm already getting a chance to do more than I could in school anyways.

You can call and cry on the phone to me anytime. <3333

Unknown said...

I don't think you should be upset- you should be happy with the freedom that you seem to have- hanging out in CA without a real plan yet. My brothers and I have successfully bankrupted my parents, so I don't get to experiment much. ;)