8.08.2007

kant or won't

i'm weird?! coming from the guy with transparent, rainbow-colored balls, HAH!

ignore posts "fresh fit" to "out of service." you know what lack of sleep and loading up on baked cheetos, newtons, and oatmeal squares can do to someone.

I get to interview in person next week. WHOO flying places!

Did you know that there are three programs in the U.S. where you can just skip the postdoc layover? You can just get PI status right out of grad school. Neat?

THERE IS. a shortage of change. in the service stations at the muni train stops, anyway. Both machines read: "out of service."

The afternoon interview: (>-_-)> <(^_^)> <(-_-<) dancing in my head. SUPAFREAK, she's SUPAFREAKAY! One drawback: not regular 9-5, sometimes weekends. Everything else: AH! 1st authorships, independent experiments, direct guidance, speaks english WELL, all research and NO bullshit organizing/ordering/cleaning. Many notes written down, except when I asked about her paper to show general interest, she didn't recite general details. Everything went over my head. "Hm." "Oh." "Right." "Yeah." "Neat."

I saw my roommate at dinner and decided to sit with him. We both instinctively said,"Long time no see!" I appeared excited to see him. God I hope I don't produce that reaction if I see Rice people again. Seeing Clare every time only makes me want to castrate him. Too horny for his own good- propositioning making out. GROSS!

What WAS stimulating was Immanuel Kant. This UCSF med student happened to post about him, and I was thinking about asking my philosopher roommate about him but never got around to it. I'm not sure why I'm still subscribe to UCSF blogs. Categorical imperative- that's the term that I forgot. I knew it was something imperative. Not imperative that I remember.

No comments: