8.19.2007

tale of one city

I hate San Franciscans. All of them should move out, and everybody else should move in.

Keepin' It Real: I accidentally stepped on a black guy's foot at La Salsa, saying sorry afterwards, and he proceeds to shout, "EXCUSE ME?!" I turned and said, "What?" He then said,"Aren't you going to say excuse me?!" I proceeded to tell him I already said sorry, and then stabbed him. I would have if I had a knife. That's what would have happened if I reacted like he did- take offense to some tiny little detail. Maybe he should stop playing his music so loudly all the time, then he'd actually be able to hear my apology (Yeah, so I'm stereotyping- he basically matched the stereotype that I hope I wouldn't see in a black person). After I told him that I already said sorry, he then said," Oh, I didn't hear you. Must be the machines or somethin'." YEAH, MUST BE THAT.

Against my better judgment, I decided to use a public restroom in the city, even though I swore that I wouldn't use one until I got back to Clare's place, where I know for sure that the bathroom is clean, and I knew that I would feel clean after using the bathroom. People don't listen when they need to use the restroom. They keep knocking and trying to unlock the door, all while you say, "Yes?", "Hello?", and "What do you want?" What happens then? You're standing there exposed with your pants down.

I tried to be nice and pay my fare for the MUNI. The machines upstairs were broken, and the next N line was arriving in 2 minutes, so I decided to go downstairs and pay in the train. The guy driving the train, before giving me my ticket, started lecturing me about how I should get a ticket upstairs next time or else I would get fined. Before this MUNI arrived, a previous one had this driver who was sleeping on the job.

After I got off the N line at 4th & King/Caltrain, I was walking down the platform so that I could reach the crosswalk. This girl standing in the middle of the platform then started walking towards the end of the platform, where the yellow band cautions you to step away so that your face doesn't end up on the windows of the train. Her friend told her to watch out, by that meaning watch out for me since I was going to walk past her. She wasn't listening. Since she kept walking, I raised my right arm with my hand planted so that if she walked into me, I would have pushed her face so that she'd fall back, I would laugh, and she would learn her lesson. Her face and my hand never had the proper introduction- maybe next time.

I rode the CalTrain. The ride back was a good end to the day, at 5 in the afternoon. The air conditioning was blasting, people weren't talking. Peace and quiet.

Clare's house is surprisingly MORE Asian than mine. I also get to see his nasty bad habits, one of them including the terrible TV show that he watches. HAHAHA!

No comments: